WHITE NIGHT - CONTEMPORARY ART FESTIVAL

středa 5. října 2016


Hello beauties,
welcome in my new article.
I was struggling with today´s article a lot.
Last Saturday during the night, me and my friends visited event named White Night.
I wanted to tell you about it so badly, but didn´t know, in which category I should put it in.
It´s not typical "travel" post, but "When you are boring" fits perfectly, because I think, you should attend this event too.
Oh, and what´s White Night?
"White Night" is a contemporary festival of modern art.


Little bit about "White Night"


Festival was established in Paris in 2002. In the first year, the project became the most visited art event of the year and then, spread into other cities across the globe.
From Paris, project was expanded into New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Santa Monica, Montreal, Toronto, Rome, Tel Aviv, Gaza, Jerusalem, Madrid, Brussels, Riga, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Brighton, Turin, Naples, St. Petersburg...

"White Night suppose to embody the desire to discover urban environment, which is given a new dimension trough art.
A city is transformed into an interactive space whose usual nocturnal cycle ceases to exit for a few hours. Contemporary art breathes life into the city at night, and the night thus become "white"." (I was quoting official text)

My experience

I would like to consider myself as art-lover.
I just don´t know, if it´s right, because even if I really like and enjoy visiting museums, galleries and other things, I do not think, that I understand art pretty well.
But, once I was told, that you don´t have to understand art, you have feel it, so there I am.

When I heard, that something like this will be on Slovakia, I was like, I totally have to go.
I have seen so many pictures from previous years, so I was super excited.

As soon, as we came to town, we pulled out map and was ready to explore as much as we can.
I´m saying as much as we can,because we were limited by time. We went by train, so we had to shorten our visit to 2 and half hours. (Normally, it takes about 5 hour to see everything)

What I liked was, that exposures were outside and inside and they were spread over the city, so without map you would be totally lost, haha.
Exposures were by different authors, foreign as well as native, and they were spectacular.
A lots of lights, amazing food, even more amazing atmosphere and good music, which accompanied each installation, all of them were completely on point.

Fountains were dancing to music and shining by different colors. Buildings were falling apart, under the illusion that was projected onto their ancient walls. On the trees were lights, but no one knew, from where they are. Lasers signalized, that night is gonna be really long.


I can even describe, how much I enjoyed it. It was absolutely perfect.
I´m so thankful, that weather was good and what´s more, it was one of the last warm nights.


                                                             


And crazy faces from me and my bestie, haha.

I hope you liked today´s article. Please, let me know, if you heard about "White night" or if you have visited something similar, I´m excited for your answers.

With the biggest love,
Ally.              

16 komentářů :

  1. Love love love contemporary art festivals! It really attracts 'openminded' and 'more out there' people which I love getting around with. And reading this, you enjoyed it too!!

    X, Alex

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Yes, I absolutely agree with you. Festivals can connect people. :)

      Vymazat
  2. Awesome!!
    xo, Margot
    http://thepastelproject.com/

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Soundso like you had fun! Ree love30

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Looks great, love this kind of festivals xoxo

    www.theninebyivana.blogspot.com

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. great photos looks like you had a lot of fun :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  6. This looks awesome! Great photos!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  7. I loved this :) I'm an art lover myself and you're right to say that you can't understand art, you can only feel it. I hope you made the most out of your 2 hours. If I get the occasion to go one day I definitely will

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Finger crossed for you :) and thank you for such a nice comment :)

      Vymazat
  8. Wow this looks like a ton of fun! Definitely an exciting night

    OdpovědětVymazat

Thank you so much for your kind words, stranger :)

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs